We interviewed Sarah Diouf at the terrace of « Grande Mosquée de Paris », one of her favorite place.
Sarah Diouf is an “It Girl” but not only, at 26, she is the founder of Ghubar Magazine, a fashion & lifestyle digital magazine launched in 2009. Meanwhile, she also founded Spread360 and agency specialized in video production and digital communication.
Moon-look.com sneak in her world on a afternoon for an exclusive photo shoot.
– Where do you live ? Born in Paris, I spent the first years of my childhood in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. Returned in Paris 14 years ago, I have been living here since.
– Can you describe your look ? I’m wearing an H & M top, a skirt I have made with loincloth fabric from Cameroon, shoes are a prototype of a new brand that will be released in September, and earrings are from Asos, bought 3 years ago.
– Your style icons ? Diana Vreeland, Diana Ross, Jenna Lyons, Solange.
– What makes up your wardrobe ? The temple of the jacket and shoes.
– Your favorite piece in your wardrobe ? A pair of Proenza Schouler I offered myself for my last birthday.
– What is your opinion on the fashion Made In Africa ? I think most designers have realized that « Made in Africa » has a real potential for export: It is more likely to encourage local production, create jobs and enhance the quality criteria we need.
– Who are your favorite designers ? Kenzo duets and Proenza Schouler, Miuccia Prada, Stella McCartney, Loza Maleombho & Duro Olowu.
– Last purchase ? A pair of jeans.
– A fragrance ? I discovered « Arabian Oud » scents through a friend 2 years ago (…) I can not do without their « Almass » since then.
– A place ? The Hut Surfer, Dakar / The terrace of the « Grande mosquée de Paris » in the summer.
– A book ? A guide to spiritual management Guram Gvasalia.
– A movie ? Orfeu Negro Marcel Camus (1959) … magical.
– Your next project ? Complete the first (laughs) would be good.
– Your motto ? Everything happens for a reason …
– Your Addresses ?
Bookmarc, 17 place du Marché Saint Honoré 75001
Marc Jacobs’s Bookstore, a veritable treasure trove for lovers of books and photography.
Kabuki, 23 & 25 rue Etienne Marcel 75001 One of the most sophisticated and always first on the exclusive shops of famous brands
Bagelstein, 73 Rue Reaumur 75002 (15 addresses in Paris) Love the classic Bagel Cream Cheese-New York style is my guilty pleasure between two races.
Molitor’s rooftop, 13 Rue Nungesser et Coli 75016 My summer hotspot for a chic cocktail with friends.
Concept massage, 15 rue de la Grande 75001 Truanderie For a relaxing time at a reasonable price … a piece of heaven on earth.